7 October 2018
Dahlgren Yacht Club, Dahlgren, VA
NOTICE OF RACE
- Race Governance: The Under-The-Guns Regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) , as modified by the sailing instructions.
- Eligibility: DYC recommends that competitors be member of PHRF of the Chesapeake, but it is not a requirement. Boats that are not PHRF members will be assigned a rating by DYC.
- Green Regatta: This regatta is a Sailors for the Sea "Clean Regatta." As such, all competitors are encouraged to use non-single use water bottles and recycle all appropriate items. Competitors are reminded of rule 55 which states that competitors "shall not intentionally put trash in the water."
- The Fleets are PHRF Spinnaker and PHRF Non-Spinnaker. There will be a single start. The flags and start sequence can be found in Appendix A of the DYC General Sailing Instructions.
- Each competitor will be responsible for their boats being in compliance with the PHRF of the Chesapeake Near Shore Rules formerly known as 6P.
No entry fee is required
4. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Sunday, 7 Oct
- Rendezvous at Red Nun 2 near Black Marsh, South of Machodoc Creek, Registration & check-in before the 1st warning.
- Warning 1st race. Three races are held, if possible. Generally up wind downwind courses will be used.
- Party & awards at DYC facility.
ADVANCE REGISTRATION - Competitors are encouraged to register in advance by completing the DYC Race Entry Form found at:
by Friday October 5.
DYC UTG Regatta
PO BOX 90
Dahlgren, VA 22448.
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
The Sailing Instructions (Sis) will be the DYC PHRF and Centerboard Fleet General
Sailing instructions and are available at and are available on the web at:
The Government Marks can be found there as well.
Windward/Leeward courses utilizing government or drop marks and laps to be sailed by each class will be designated and displayed by the race committee boat. The non spinnaker will start first followed by the spinnaker. Example: W 1 2 is a windward/leeward course with 1 lap for non-spinnaker and 2 for spinnaker class. The courses and intentions of the race committee will be announced on VHF CH 68.
Time-On-Time will be used as the method to score finishing place of competitors.
Hearings will be held generally in accordance with the recommendations of Appendix M5 of the RRS. The officers for hearing a violation will consist of the Event Chairman and two others DYC members selected by the Event Chairman.
First through Third places of both classes will be awarded (provided there are at least three in class).
10. FURTHER INFORMATION
Contact Denis Bessette, (h)540-775-7498 or email email@example.com