DYC PHRF Racing Program - 2022
The PHRF Racing Fleet Thursday night racing is divided into three Low Point Series:
- Spring - (SPLP)
- Summer - (SULP)
- Fall - (FLLP)
The results of all races in the three series count toward the annual High Point Championship that will be calculated at the end of the year.
Races start no earlier than 1700 on the Potomac River. The starting line will typically be around the Junction Buoy but may be located at other navigational buoys by decision of the Race Officer.
Schedule of Races
Race Schedule and Race Officer Assignments. Each Registered Yacht must sign up for and perform Race Officer Duties.
Race Results are located here.
- All races are governed by the DYC Racing Instructions.
- Each yacht should have a valid PHRF of the Chesapeake Certificate, if one has not been obtained a local handicap will be assigned.
- Each participant needs to fill out a DYC Standard Race Entry Form.
- Race Officer Information describes the duties that the Race Officer is to perform at each race.
- Mark Positions and Course Length descriptions.
- Race Course Diagrams.
- The registered entries for the Thursday night races are provided in the DYC PHRF Racing Fleet list.
Wind velocity description
The Beaufort Wind Scale provides a visual means to determine wind velocity. DYC does not hold races in Beaufort 6 and above.
For more information or clarification of rules, instructions, procedures, etc., please contact the Race Governor at .